Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Collage Discovery Workshop




I've been always fascinate by collage. I remember when I was a kid and I used to cut out models from magazines and glue them on my decorated background that was usually a drawing of a school or a room in the house. The result was sloppy since I used a home made glue that my grandma did using who knows what components. The magazines were also printed in really bad paper and most of the time black and white. But I still enjoyed the process and the result. It seemed like a magical mix. I haven't done it in many years but now I want to go back to it and experiment.

I bought the book Collage Discovery Workshop by Claudine Hellmuth to refresh some techniques in my mind and actually practice them. In the future weeks I'll be sharing some of my practices and my progress.


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I have been eyeing this book up. Can't wait to hear how you like it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete